Thursday, November 5, 2009

For The Good

I encourage everyone to go out and buy the new Shane and Shane CD - Everything is Different. Or like me be caller #5 on some Christian radio station and win it :) What a blessing that I would win this one CD from WJTL. Grace and I LOVE Shane and Shane and I won it on Monday the day before it came out, pretty neat. So I'm just going to put the lyrics to one of their songs on here as it is incredible.

For the Good
When darkness is surrounding me
by Your Spirit Lord help me sing
that You are working all things out
Lord, I really need to hear You speak
Remind me in the waiting
that You are working all things out

For the good of those
who are called by You
For the good of those
who are in Love with You
That's why we sing

Holy God of light
I lay down my life
Holy is the Lord
Even in the storm be glorified

We like to take the blessing from You
Shall we not take the trouble too
You are working all things out
We like to take prosperity
Shall we not take the suffering
You are working all things out

Holy are You Lord
even in the storm
be glorified
Worthy of affection

This is our prayer...thanks for continuing to pray for us. Gracie is making "baby steps" like they would say on What About Bob...but she is making steps indeed. She is doing so well.

Love to all,
Lamar

3 comments:

  1. It must be God who brought me to your blog when I was only looking for S&S lyrics to a CD I won on WJTL this week. Lo and behold, your site has so much more. It was the simple and loving statement about Gracie's "baby steps" that got me skimming through your October posts to learn more of your story. I'd say, "how tragic" but (a) it's already been said, and (b) both you and I know the Sovereign and Loving One in spite all of your hardship and all your pain. Keep reaching to Him. Thanks for your example. -- JD of Etown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamar and Grace,
    I was in my car Monday when I heard you were the 5th caller. Continuing to keep both of you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamar-
    What a "coincidence" that you posted this, and I just read it tonight! We are having our own struggles at our house, and I was thinking a moment ago that we can't just take the blessing and not take the other side also. Can I tell you the blessing was much sweeter? But the other side definitely is drawing us nearer to God. Glad you guys are doing well! What a praise to God. We're thankful.

    ReplyDelete