Monday, November 9, 2009

Mi Casa

Home, yes Home. What a joy to be at home again sleeping in our bed and eating at our table. Everything looks great! They are finishing up cleaning on Wednesday but by then it should all be done!!! What a blessing!!!

Grace is doing better every day. Her hand writing is coming back and she even typed her first email tonight. The visit at Crozer today went pretty well, they measured her feet for the pressure garments that will come in. They noticed some spots of soreness that will need some attention in the weeks to come and hopefully with the prescribed ointment it will heal along with the rest of the skin. They also noticed the donor sites were starting to raise so she got measured for pressure shorts as well that will keep those places from scarring as well.

We had volleyball tonight at church and in the rec league and Grace came to watch. It was her first time in public with people she knows. She got a standing ovation when we walked in for our game and everyone was clapping!!! What a joy and praise to the Lord!!!

Thanks again for all your prayers...keep it up as she heals and gets more strength each day. We've had 2 delicious meals already by our SS class at church and we look forward to another tomorrow night. It's been incredible to have people serving in all areas!

God is good. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like things are coming along nicely. I'm glad the doctors are paying good attention to every aspect of her healing. She's in good hands! I wish I could have been there to see you two but I can imagine how the place must have come to life when she walked in! God Bless!

    The Files Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you're back home. I'm so glad to hear of the progress and hope that the healing continues without any setbacks. Did Grace lose a lot of weight? It's wonderful that meals are being provided. I'll bet that standing ovation was very moving. Praise the Lord for His healing hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following you guys but don't actually know you (we have mutual friends, etc)... I'm hoping you'll be able to post some updated pics soon! I'm so thankful the recovery is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're getting better! You both deserve the applause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried a little when I read the bit about the volleyball appearance and my almost 3 year old could hear me from his room down the hall. He called out, "are you crying mommy?" I had to tell him yes, but it is happy crying. He came out to give me a hug. :) I just had to share that little story. I don't think Grace knows my kids, but her youngest sisters do. :)

    We're so glad things are continueing to get better.

    ReplyDelete