Friday, October 16, 2009

10/16 update

Hi all...

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall".

Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our strength." Selah

We are getting there...keep praying. When I walked in today at 12:30 Gracie seemed to be flustered by something. Not long later a resident doctor came over to me and asked to speak with me. She described how they had just checked her throat and they will need to keep the tube in until at least Monday. Instantly I knew why Gracie was a little upset. I guess this is one of the reasons why in Matt 6 Christ talks about not worrying about tomorrow for each day has enough trouble of its own. We are learning a lot about patience right now that is for sure. So that was kind of a downer of a start but it seemed to get better throughout the day.

I spent the first 1.75 hours with Gracie singing to her anything hymn/song I could come up with on the spot and she mainly just rested there. I mentioned 2 of the Gambians that are praying for her and her eyebrows moved to an "awe" position so that was a blessing to her I'm sure. They informed me that they plan to take her in for surgery on both of her feet tomorrow morning at 7:30am. So please be praying that the anethesia and everything goes well and according to the Lord's will. They will be grafting skin onto both feet and it sounds like a pretty incredible procedure that will take a few hours. Her mom and I are heading down around 6am so we can see her before they take her into surgery and then will spend the day there waiting for the visiting hours to come along so we can see her after surgery.

Sounds like her lungs/throat injuries are more of a concern than the feet are at all...but it sounds like all will be great in the end, it's just a waiting game at this point and hoping for healing. We'll be down there all next week most likely at the least so please don't cease in your prayer for my Gracie. For continued peace in her thoughts and spirit. We took our mp3 player and a speaker down so hopefully that helps calm her. I think her mom and I threw out some crazy duets but Gracie was mustering up a smile and some tears during the songs so that was an encouragement to us and I'm sure to her.

So please keep praying for Gracie, thanks so much for all you've done so far!!! I'll never be able to repay you for your support! On a side note, they started the cleaning work of the ducts and house today on the home front so we hope that comes along in time for when we come home.

Thanks again - love you!
Lamar

4 comments:

  1. Lamar and Grace,
    I continue to keep you in my prayers. I pray for complete healing, and that God will continue to keep you strong. I pray all goes well during the surgery. We will be praying.

    Psalms 33:21,22
    In him let our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his HOLY name. Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD, for our hope is in you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to lift you both up in prayer. Praying for Grace's surgery tomorrow and for the healing of her throat and lungs. Thank you for the updates so we know what specific things to pray for.
    The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
    All our love,
    The Koutericks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending our love to you all and praying God's grace over you, how incredibly sufficient it has been. Rejoice in the strength and comfort he provides. It is a supernatural act on his part demonstrating his love for you! Amen and amen! We will continue to bring you before the throne praying with great confidence on your behalf.

    Love,
    Mike & Mara Calkins

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be praying that the surgery goes well and that Grace has comfort and peace. Ron just said to me this morning that he thinks about you two almost all the time. Keep on being positive and taking one day at a time! We love you both!
    Ron and Joan

    ReplyDelete