Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday 10/25

What a blessed day it was today! Got up early, went up to our house in Lancaster to check on the progress and check the mail. Just 2 days of mail filled our little box and Gracie will love to read each on soon. Thanks to all who sent cards and notes and to those who put a little something in them too...not needed but we are thankful for your generous hearts! I then headed into our SS class at church and enjoyed a nice backrub by a buddy and a blessed time of worship and prayer requests. Worship was what was on Job's mind after so many things went wrong for him as told in Job 1. What a freeing and blessed thing it is.

Then today my parents drove me down as this morning my neck kinda seized up and left me with some less motion of my shoulders and head. Nothing even close to what my dearie is going through though that is for sure. Today was great from 12:30-2:30 Gracie was smiling a lot and was extremely gentle and thankful telling us each that she loved us. When I was in there alone she wrote very clearly I LOVE U really big on the paper and then proceeded to stroke my beard while smirking. I told her I'll shave it off when they let us kiss, even though it was grown for the Phillies playoff run. Who knows maybe they can win the World Series before they let us kiss and it will work out great :) She was filled with joy today and was very calm. From 4-5pm when I was in she didn't even flinch and was getting great sleep.

The ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat) Dr, who's group will do the procedure tomorrow, came in today to check everything out and to make sure that she is ready to go for tomorrow morning. So Grace's parents and I plan to head down at 6:30am and see Gracie before she heads off to the OR. All signs are pointing the in the right direction and we really hope that they can keep the tube out. Even if they can't though hopefully they'll put a smaller tube back in and we can get this throat healed up soon.

I read Psalm 84 last night before bed, what a joy to think of how God has drawn us nearer to him during this time. We've seen many hurting families come and go down at the burn center and how empty it is without a Savior who is closer than a brother. What a joy that he helps us walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

Thanks for praying hard tonight and tomorrow morning. I'll try to update the blog tomorrow morning after the surgery as to not leave you all hanging all day :)

Psalm 84
For the director of music. According to gittith. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm.
1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Selah
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
8 Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob. Selah
9 Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.

6 comments:

  1. Lamar and Grace,
    It's great to hear she has had two good days in a row!! Continuing to pray for peace and of course healing. May tomorrow be the day she has the tube removed!! We will also be praying that your neck will go back to normal and that God will continue to keep you strong!!

    I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Ps 18.1-2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamar, Glad to hear Grace had another good day, they seem to be getting better. Our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly and praying that the vent tube will remain out tomorrow!!!! You are always upbeat and we can see your love for Grace through your blogs. Thanks for the updates and we will continue to pray for healing for Grace and energy for you as well as you walk through this with her!! Hope your neck and shoulders heal soon as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamar, Grace & Families-- You are in our prayers constantly and we are asking for strength and peace for you tomorrow, no matter what the outcome. Mike & Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace and Lamar,
    You have a classroom full of students in South Korea praying for you! Thank you for keeping us posted...waiting and trusting alongside with you!
    Sincerely,
    Nikole (Simpson) Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family doesn't know you; but one of my Facebook friends posted a link to your blog. My boys (ages 3 & 5) and I are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great to hear that Grace has had some good days! trusting and praying that the Lord will guide and direct the ENT docs Monday and that all decisions made will be best for Grace. Continuing to pray fervently! Deb[for Mike too]

    ReplyDelete