Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What else is going on...








Thank you so much again for all the emails, posts, calls, and care. Keep praying for infection to stay away and that we can get this tube taken out tomorrow morning at 9am when they look down her throat again. That is the hardest part right now for her and for anyone as it keeps her from talking and they need to keep her under more as it's hard to be awake but have to breathe through a small tube.

Tonight I got to get home and take some pictures of the kitchen and get the things I needed as we will not be home for a few weeks it sounds. The ins adjuster and restoration place came today and our good friend, CU buddy, and church pal Brad Halladay has been graciously taking care of logistics on the home front. There is a company that will do everything. Clean every nook and crannie, taking everything out of the kitchen. Sounds like new flooring, some appliances, new patio doors, carpet cleanings and repainting all of the downstairs and up the stairs to the hallway. It still smelled tonight like I remember it smelling when I last ran in for Grace's cell phone dodging the firemen before getting back to the ambulance. Hopefully some air freshners and the fresh paint will take care of that. We praise God for insurance (though as some know I'm not fond of it) and now will be advocates of it that is for sure.

Grace's mom is flying in tomorrow afternoon/evening and as she is a doctor that will be a huge blessing in so many ways for me and probably even more for Gracie. I'm hoping that they can have the tube/venitlator done with by the time mom comes in.

I'm staying at my parents house in my ole lil room from growing up and it's been a huge blessing to have faster internet, good cooking, prayers, and care all morning and in the evenings when I get back.

Both of our work places have been so gracious thus far and promise to be so we are really blessed there as well. We truly will need to take years to count each of these little blessings along the way. Like me growing a beard for the phils playoff run/and prep for our african trip next summer...protected my face from more burns. I was sick all last week so we had been getting to bed early and getting a lot of sleep...and the list goes on.

Thanks for your love and prayers...and I know that we can count on all of you for anything, thanks for all the offers and I won't hesitate to call you if something specific is needed (ask Brad, he knows :)

And remember as we are trying to, God is GOOD and works things out for the good of those that love Him. An ever-present help in time of trouble. Today was truly a good day, many less tears and Gracie seemed more comfortable.

Keep praying and I'll keep typing.
Lamar

3 comments:

  1. Lamar...

    Hey man, it's Paul Atkinson from ABWE. learned about the fire and just wanted to let you know that my wife, Whitney, and I are praying for you and Grace. thanks for writing and continuing to keep an eternal perspective. we rejoice with you in the small blessings that have taken place and are praying with you for a swift recovery and for comfort for Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, Praise God the pneumonia did not get a chance to settle in! You guys are constantly in my prayers and thoughts as I drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamar...praying for you & Gracie....remember the One who is there carrying you both thru this is with you ALL the time....His promise of never leaving us is a wonderful promise.

    ReplyDelete