Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday 10/13

Hey everyone...I'm just going to type some quick stuff before I head home to take pictures of the kitchen and gather more clothes and stuff that I'll need to survive at my parents house over the next 1.5/2 weeks.

Today was a good day, Grace's fever came down all day long and was around 100 when I left. She was calm all day and only wrote a few things this morning. Mainly asking what day/time it was and when they could take the tube out of her throat. It was found that she doesn't have pneunomonia so PRAISE our LORD for that!!! It's a sinus infection and they are giving her antibiotics still to keep the chance of pneu away. She seemed like she was at rest today and at peace just really wanting tomorrow to come so she can get the tube out of her throat. Right now it sounds like Wednesday morning at 9am they will check out her throat if all is ok, they can take out the tube. At which point the ventilator is off and things calm down a little as she will be able to talk and understand things better. They are planning the surgery on her feet later this week probably Friday or Saturday. But that could change depending on a lot of things. So overall a pretty good day, she could hear me most of the time and understood what was going on. I shared of all the prayers and concern going our way. Thanks so much again for caring. I'll get on later tonight...I'm going home to our house now to take pictures and get more stuff. Look for more later.

Love you all...thanks for carrying my Gracie in your thoughts and prayers.
Lamar/Parkay/Slim/Mars

12 comments:

  1. LAMAR AND GRACE: WE ARE KEEPING IN TOUCH BY YOUR BLOG. IT IS GOOD NEWS TO HEAR THAT GRACE IS DOING BETTER AND WILL BE ABLE TO BE EXTUBATED TOMORROW. OUR CONTINUED LOVE AND BLESSINGS AND PRAYERS TO YOU( AND YOU GET MORE THAN 1%) CONTINUED STRENGTH TO YOU ALL IN YOUR JOURNEY TOGETHER: JOAN FOR JOAN AND JIM AND DAVID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and Grace, brother! Whatever you need...don't hesitate to ask. Love ya man!

    Marcos

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh such such good news. The kids and I have been praying ALL day for Grace and the pending pnem. Thanks so much for updating us Lamar. We are praying for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about no pneumonia! We are praying for you everyday. Trusting that each day will get better for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So relieved Grace doesn't have pneumonia!!!! Jason and I just ache for you two! We offer our prayers to our God who I know is already cradling you in his arms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord! We have been praying so hard all day! Thanks for keeping us updated!
    J&S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lamar and Grace,

    I am so sorry to hear of your fire. Katie and I will be praying for you continually as you work through this trial. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this on Joel's facebook and wanted you to know I will also be praying for you and Grace. I'll share it with our ladies' Bible study tomorrow night, and we'll be excited to see how God is going to work in your lives. Cindi Sigmon (Joel's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been praying for you both all day - you are on my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got your blog forwarded to me. Know that the Forever Family in Dayton has "got your back"! We will continue to pray for the Kings! Mike Kildal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lamar - Just read about what happened to you guys from people's statuses on FB. I'll be praying for you and Grace as you recover from this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lamar,
    Just a note of engcouragement.
    I have a lady who comes into the my Restaurant, she was in an accident last November, another car hit her and her daughter and was burned really bad. This sounds bad but it does end really good.She was taken to Crozer and was there until May. They had to lot's of grafts and her one leg was so bad they had to take it off. Her face was burned as well as her one hand was really bad. Well last week she WALKED into the Restaurant. She continues to grow strong and it's because of the care she recieved at Crozer.
    I appreciate your blog, it helps people to pray specifically and you don't have to continue to tell the story over and over again.
    I graduated with your mom from High School.
    I continue to lift your family in my prayers.
    In Christ
    Debbie Fisher

    ReplyDelete