Friday, October 16, 2009

Overnight Update

Good morning all. I just spoke with the bedside nurse Lauren at 9:15 this morning to check on how Grace's night was. She said that it was good with no complications and that she did anything they asked her to do which is a huge blessing. The time isn't known but they still have it scheduled for the pulminary DR to come today so they have her doing more of the breathing instead of the ventilator so it sounds like she will be a little more awake today which will be a blessing to be able to talk to her some and know that she hears by her head nods or hand squeezes. Thanks so much for your continued prayers, the Lord is so good to have brought us this far and promises to continue to be with us, not leaving us or forsaking us. The nurse also said that she is scheduled for OR on Saturday. They should know the time of that by the time we leave today.

My dad is going to head down with me today to see her and be with me and Grace's mom will also be there today so that will be a blessing to have support on all sides.

Please keep praying, sounds like she is doing well and stable...keep praying for fight against infection and that they can do the surgery tomorrow without complications. Also continued for her dreams and that if it's the Lord's will they can extubate her today (take the tube out).

Thanks so much for your love - I'll update you all late tonight.
Lamar/Parkay/Slim/Mars

3 comments:

  1. Parkay,

    I have been praying for you to be able to constantly show the love of God to Grace. Hope you have His strength to support her, love her, give her joy man.

    You are an encouragement to me as I watch you respond by going to God's word.

    Much love,
    Kernel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Gracies bad dreams. Drugs can do weird things to the mind. Will be praying specifically about that. Please give my love to Jan. I've seen my own daughter in ICU and know how hard it is on a mom/dad/husband. I'm so glad she's there. My daughter tells me that as much as she loves her husband, there's no one like mom when you're sick:) Love, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lamar and Grace

    I was devastated! when I first heard about the accident and my heart goes out to you, Grace, her sisters and to her mom and dad who are best friends of ours for many many years! Each one of you have been on my mind 24/7 and have prayed about every little detail that has been mentioned[I used to babysit for Anna and Grace some while their mom volunteered at Alternaterm and my youngest son played with them frequently while living in Cleveland] What a blessing!! to see how prayers have been answered thus far! Trusting our Heavenly Father will continue the healing process for Grace both physically and emotionally after such a traumatic experience!! Thanks for keeping us updated it has been so helpful,esp. on how to pray for Grace. You all have been such an incredible example of totally looking to and accepting of God's Sovereignty to all of us! Wishing I could be there at Grace's side also!! Please convey our deepest love, concerns and prayers for her. We will continue to pray not only for Grace's comfort from the Lord but also for strength and guiadance for all that are involved in her care as well as all the family members! Keep up the good work Lamar, you are being a great husband!!

    Jeremiah 29:11 Continuing to Pray and Love,
    Deb Joyce[and Mike too]

    ReplyDelete