Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mini-update

Grace is doing well. She has the last level of swallow testing today and they hope that she can pass that so she can drinnk any liquids without putting thickener in them. Thickened water just seems weird. So we are really hoping that is the case today.

They continue to work her hard in therapy, walking on the tredmill for 7 minutes, practicing stairs with a handrail on the same side that our house has, lifting weights, and doing stretches. All of these making the body tired. But they are being quick and helpful to get her out of the hospital this weekend!!!

If we do get out this weekend, we'll live up in harrisburg for a week with her parents until our house is ready to move back into. But I'll say this...I'm going to be her bouncer/protector, don't try to pull anything fancy and have 100 people show up. :) We need her to regain her strength both in her vocal chords and in her body. Visitors will be great down the road I'm sure but we all need to give Grace time to heal and error on the side of too much space and not many visitors, k? I'll need all of your help on that because I'm a pretty skiny bouncer.

Thanks so much for all of your love and care, especially the prayers - keep them coming, and the cards that have been sent!!

Jesus is our Rock,
Lamar

4 comments:

  1. Jevovah Rapha, in Jesus name, I thank you for your healing power! I thank you and smile over Lamar and his wonderful example of Christ and the Church as he husband's his wife. Lord, continue to shine your face upon these young people. Let their love continue to run deep for you and each other in the days ahead. Bless them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamar, you are hilarious...yes, you ARE one skinny bouncer man! You need one of those inflatable superman suits!

    I am so glad to hear Gracie is doing so much better! She has had the best care possible through our loving God and will only continue to heal!!!! You have been such a rock to her and I know she appreciates it very very much!

    Please let her know that the kids and I are praying and thinking about her all the time! We miss both of you and hope to see you one day soon!

    Lots of Love,
    The Files Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our full support and sympathy to you and Grace.
    I'm sure you and Grace are strong enough to pass this hard time with God willing.
    Saleh and Mai (jan and Harry's family friends in Jordan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lamar, you're so cute:) I love how concerned you are to protect Gracie. I wish I were close enough to visit, but I'm not:( I'm so glad to hear of the good progress. Will she continue outpatient PT or won't it be necessary? How are the graft sites and burns doing?

    ReplyDelete